Food Safety Management System (FSMS) Implementation
ISO 22000: 2005
Providing organizations with qualified personnel for implementation of food safety management systems in compliance with ISO 22000 standards, Standards Organisation of Nigeria is eager to actively control risks and hazards throughout the food processor to ensure that the food we eat is not contaminated with potentially harmful bacteria, parasites, viruses, toxins, and chemicals. The onus lies on organizations in the food chain to manufacture and present food that is “safe” to consume which enhances customer confidence and also complies with national and international legal obligations.
FSMS IMPLEMENTATION COURSE CONTENT
- About ISO and the standards.
- Implementing the FSMS & the Route to Certification
- Benefits of FSMS Implementation and Certification.
- The interpretation and explanation of the elements of ISO 22000: 2005 standard
- Legal and other requirements identification and application.
- Individual assignments
- In-class assignment including presentations
At the end of this course, participants will undergo a test of understanding and certificates will be issued based on successful completion.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Food safety policymakers.
- Production Managers
- Foodservice professionals with technical backgrounds.
- QA/QC managers officers
- Production personnel involved in the food industry
- Food handlers
- Food storage/ warehouse managers/ staff
- Provide confidence to customers and other stakeholders that you have the ability to control food safety hazards and provide safe products.
- Embed and improve the internal processes needed to provide consistently safe food.
- Boost perception of the corporate image as “safe food manufacturer or service provider”.
Qualifying examinations serve as the basis for testing the understanding of participants and also inputs for consideration for acceptance to the next course.
Please note that the above public training is conducted subject to the availability of at least eight (8) participants.